31J Essentials is now available for CAESAR II 2017 (v 9.0) software on Smart Support.
What is B31J?
B31J is the new ASME code for determining Stress Intensification Factors (i-Factors) and flexibility factors (k-Factors) for piping components. It addresses several shortcomings of existing piping codes, such as B31.1, B31.3, etc., which determine stress intensification factors according to the old “Table D” factors.
Stress intensification values calculated according to “table D” have been found to be under-conservative and over-conservative in some common circumstances, depending on the piping geometry.
For those who are unfamiliar with the code, ASME B31J can be purchased here.
Download Instructions for B31J Essentials Installer:
- Log on to the Intergraph Smart Support website at http://smartsupport.intergraph.com.
- Select the View Downloads tab.
- Select CAESAR II and click Accept on the agreement.
- Select Freeware Tools and Utilities.
- Select Support Freeware Utilities.
- Select acheter cialis en ligne B31J Essentials.
The B31J_Essentials.zip file downloads to your machine.
Follow the instructions within this PDF file, which you can also download from the link on Smart Support.
This tool is a subset of FEATools. Therefore, if you currently have purchased and installed FEATools (Version 3.0), you do not need to download this tool. Please refer to the ReadMe for more information.